What is Rich Media?
Rich media is a variety of digital ads that, through the use of multimedia images such as sound, audio, video, animation, and others, allow people to engage and interact with them.
This type of ad is very versatile because it can be adapted to any electronic device, allows to present a product or service creatively, improves the user experience, increases brand performance, and helps to generate more clicks.
What are the characteristics of Rich Media?
- They focus on visual elements with audio or dynamic.
- Rich media allows the inclusion of games, which encourages more interaction from people.
- They are interactive and may require users to click on them to listen to an audio or watch a video.
- The file size of a rich media ad usually exceeds 200 KB, which is larger than standard graphics.
- There are a large number of metrics that can measure user interaction with rich media ads.
What is Rich Media used for?
- To capture new audiences: A segment of the population (over sixty percent 60%) are considered visual learners and prefer to view interactive ads. Rich media helps to attract the attention of these new audiences and others by displaying content that creates sensory experiences.
- To stand out from the competition: they provide a way to get potential customers’ attention by standing out from other companies.
- To increase the participation rate: Because rich media are interactive, they attract more attention from customers and therefore increase the likelihood that they will click on them more.
- To decrease the bounce rate: the use of this type of ad helps users to want to see more of your content, and that minimizes the number of bounces.
- To give the user a better experience: With Rich Media ads, the user experience is definitely more satisfying. If, for example, you are going to exercise and you can't read a long blog, you can choose to listen to a podcast or watch a video and enjoy it more.
- To make users' search faster: if you analyze the path customers take, you can place Rich Media ads in strategic points to make it easier and faster for them to access your content.
- To analyze user behavior: the information obtained from the interaction of customers with your Rich Media ads can be very useful to detect the tastes, preferences, and behavior patterns of your customers, for example, how long they watched a video and where they stopped among many others. This information can be used to optimize your marketing campaigns.
- To increase search reach: Rich Media can be placed on different platforms such as YouTube, iTunes, etc. This makes your message to reach more people and to be shared.
What are the types of Rich Media?
There are a lot of Rich Media content types, among the most popular are:
Examples of Rich Media
- Interactive videos that give the user different options to choose from.
- A 360-degree image of a product.
- Video of a product that allows users to modify it.
- A 3D virtual clothes fitting room that allows users to appreciate how a garment would look on them.
- A banner hovering over it expands and shows a video of how the company makes its products or other information.
- A banner that includes an option that, when clicked, allows users to follow the company on their Facebook account.
- A banner ad with a calendar that, when clicked, adds an appointment to the user's calendar.