What Is Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising?
It is an advertising model that consists of placing pay-per-click ads above organic search results. Also known as "paid search," with this model, advertisers must pay a fee each time someone clicks on them.
How Does Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising Work?
Pay-per-Click (PPC) works by the advertiser paying money to a publisher when one of their publicities is clicked. Still, the whole process is not that simple.
For ads to appear in search engine results, advertisers do not simply throw money at the problem to have their ads appear first instead of their rival’s.
Instead, their announcements or ‘adds’ participate in what is called ‘Add Auction,’ an entirely automatic process in which Google judges which one is more relevant and the quality of their content and the ads that appear on their SERPs.
In Google, you pay Google to place your ads at the top of the organic search list for related results, and then set a budget that is the same amount you paid Google to list the ads.
That way, every time someone clicks one of the ads listed, the Cost-Per-Click will be paid from the current budget until it is depleted; when that happens, the ads will be unlisted from Google’s Search Engine until a new budget is submitted.
How To Get Started With PPC Advertising?
Getting started in Pay Per Click Advertising has some key factors to consider when one is a beginner with no experience at it.
- Planning the ad campaign is very important, and having a clear idea of what will go in the ads helps too; that way, the ad won’t be deemed spam. The relevant information it possesses will attract new traffic and more clicks in the ads.
- Regular account activity is another point to take care of since being more constant with your account's activity is a recipe for success and analyzing how the campaign has been doing. Its performance will help optimize the next campaigns for better results.
- Utilizing keywords relevant to the ads and your campaign it’s a very helpful strategy to have at hand; it is important to analyze constantly which keywords are having a positive and negative impact on your ad campaign and to know when to review costly keywords and retire them if their impact hasn’t been enough to justify the expense, it is paramount to the development of an ads campaign to know what it is helpful and what hasn’t been.
Which Are The Best PPC Platforms?
There are some basics PPC platforms that are the most popular and ones that tend to have the best performance in most cases; these platforms are the following:
- Facebook Ads: With Facebook Ads, it’s possible to target very specific audiences depending on the way it’s used, be it boosting Facebook posts, utilizing Facebook ads manager, or a third-party tool to create and edit ads on Facebook.
- Google Ads: In google ads, advertisers buy keywords to show brief advertisements, products, or services. The announcements most of the time are shown in results of the search engine and apps; this platform for announcements has a lot of reach thanks to how big Google is.
- Instagram Ads: It is very helpful to utilize Instagram for ads because thanks to Instagram being part of Facebook, it is easy to use Facebook ads tools to run ads and public on both sites at the same time, and causing the ad campaign to have more reach
- LinkedIn Ads: A very popular platform that nowadays everyone has, running an ads campaign in LinkedIn has the advantage that after defining ‘your Ideal Client Profile’, LinkedIn will help target users and companies and promote the ads very well.