What Is Off Page Seo? (Off-Site SEO)
This refers to the actions and tactics used outside of a website to optimize the website's ranking in search engines. Its focus is on creating a better experience for search engine users and crawlers through the use of relationships, links, and content.
Why You Need Off-Page SEO
Although it is difficult to know how Google's content ranking algorithm works, there is study data that indicates that the aspects that relate to off-site SEO probably have the highest percentage for ranking purposes.
- Using off-page SEO will make it easier to rank for competitive search terms.
- The off-page SEO should be approached as the building of the domain or authority of the site; if this fails, it will not be able to surpass the sites that a higher domain already consolidated. Generally, higher domain website themes rank higher.
- The idea is to increase the site's authority, which is achieved with the consolidation of a brand.
- Although they are probably the most important part, Google's algorithm uses other off-page signals to improve or lower a website's position.
- Because links are a primary part of Google's ranking factors, building these links should be included in off-page tactics.
However, it is a mistake to rely exclusively on link building. Other off-page SEO strategies and skills must be used, which will boost SEO success, better result pages, create a lasting user base or audience, and in turn aid in brand building.
Types Of Off-Page SEO
In off-page SEO, we find two main types, those that are related to links and those that are not:
Links and off-page SEO
Generating backlinks is one of the foundations of off-page SEO. Google and other search engines use these backlinks to measure the quality of the content of a linked page; this leads to the situation where you possess two sites with equal quality of content. The one with the most high-value backlinks will be ranked higher.
According to how they were obtained, there are three types of links:
- Natural links: these come directly through the edited content without the owner of the page doing anything. For example, a person who runs a video game blog that links to a post that leads to their video game stores.
- Links built manually: are obtained by intentional action of creating links. For example, getting customers to link to your website or asking highly influential people to share the content.
- Self-created links: made through practices of adding backlinks in forums, press releases, blogs, online directories. Care must be taken when building self-created links because they tend to black hat SEO and are not well seen by search engines.
External SEO not related to links
Although the most practiced tactic in off-page SEO is to gain links from external websites, it must be taken into account that any activity that happens outside a website and that leads to increasing its position in search ranking can be called Off-page SEO. These activities can be: marketing with influencers, brand mentions, social media marketing, and blogging.
In the end, these activities' objective is to achieve mention of the site from another part of the network in any way.
How To Do Off Page SEO
There are a series of factors or points to take into account when doing off-page SEO that will lead the website to gain high positions in search engines:
- Create quality services and products: SEO work is easier when it is verified that the product or service is the best of its kind.
- Attention and customer service: At this point, you should focus on a single goal: to ensure that all users who have contact with the brand's products and services, whether online or offline, are left with the feeling and agreement that the service provided was the best.
- Focus on the intent of the web search engines: Not only do you have to match keyword phrases, titles, and search engine descriptions, you have to focus on which sites the content is discussed, talked about, and shared.
- You have to be receptive on social media. You must make a presence on social networks; you must answer questions and comments at the right time and monitor this interaction. Social media is a very valuable component of off-page SEO strategy.
- Create links with social networks. Through social media, you can create and promote persistent interactions with big names and influencers who have a large following and good connections with many highly ranked websites.
- Comment on blogs and discussion forums. Make a presence on popular blogs related to the products and services offered and make substantive comments that contribute to the community. That leads you to attract the attention of any important person who can get to read them.
- Don't use guest blogging just to earn links. Use them to gradually establish ties with several of the most important publishers, influential personalities. Little by little, the links will come.
- Experiment with content types. Use images, videos, and audio of the product, service, or brand; these can be a mobilizer of little investment and great possibilities to create traffic back to the site, which will improve the reputation of the page.