What Are Niche Sites?
Niche Sites are websites that represent a small part of a larger market and are targeted to a specific group of people with a common interest.
What Does A Niche Site Look Like?
Niche sites have the following characteristics:
- Segmented market: it is made up of a small number of people or organizations compared to the market area in which it is located.
- Similarities: members share very particular tastes or needs.
- Desire to satisfy needs: people who are part of this type of niche have the will to acquire the specific product or service.
- Economic capacity: in general, the members have the economic possibilities to acquire the product or service offered.
- Specialized operations: most of these niches require complex operations to meet users' expectations.
- Specialized suppliers: they usually require specialized suppliers to cover very specific needs, and sometimes they are scarce.
- Size: This type of niche is usually large enough to generate profits.
Examples Of Niche Sites
To get a clearer idea of what niche suites are, here are some examples:
- A site dealing with gluten-free food for celiac children.
- A site focused on Scandinavian-style outdoor furniture.
- A blog about cooking in Milan, Lombardy, Italy.
Examples of large sites that are not niche sites:
- A blog about health.
- A news site.
- A cooking blog.
How To Build A Successful Niche Site?
To build a successful niche site, you need first to find a profitable niche, work to rank in search engines like Google for enough keywords in your chosen niche and then convert that traffic into revenue through display ads; affiliate offers from Amazon or other companies that offer affiliate marketing such as Google Adsense.
To build a niche site from scratch, you can do the following:
- Brainstorm what the general market is and what are the major niches in it.
- Perform exhaustive keyword research. For this, there are different types of tools that can be used to make this task easier, such as those offered by Ubersuggest and Ahrefs, which calculate the metrics differently. Our favourite will be SEMrush.
- Specify what problem the niche site to be created will solve and how it will stand out from the rest.
- Choose a domain name that engages users, choose the logo, image, and what it will be about. This free guide on how to make a logo by Looka can help you with that.
- Choose your website hosting (see bluehost)
- Plan and execute strategies for the development of useful and quality content to be followed in the short, medium and long term to satisfy the visitors' need for information.
- Work on building Domain Authority (DA) through the use of backlinks from recognized sites.
- Frequently update publications to have a better chance of ranking in the SERPs.
- Create social media accounts and manage them with appropriate and timely marketing strategies.
- Define monetization strategies. At this point, once the website is well-positioned in the SERPs, you can earn commissions by joining an affiliate program (such as Google Adsense or Amazon Associates) and offer links in strategic places; you can also make offers of your own products or place ads that allow you to earn more passive income.
- Create lists to increase earnings.
- Plan strategies that will make the website grow in the long term.
Recommend Reading: Grow your Affiliate site with project management techniques